Recently, there has been a rise in the popularity of fly fishing for large, carnivorous fish. Musky, barracuda, pike and roosterfish are big, mean, apex predators; some are sight-casting quarry, while others require hours of painstaking blind casting. To chase these big fish, you need a powerful rod that can cast long distances, handle bushy, air-resistant flies and put up with extreme punishment.
Designed by Blane Chocklett with the hardcore angler in mind, the Esox series of predator rods utilizes our proprietary TiCr blank coating, which helps protect the rod from the occasional collision with a weighted fly or gunnel. Throw in our proprietary Tactical Series™ guides and you’ve got a rod that is as tough as the predators you are chasing. The non-glare chestnut colored blank features a modified full-wells grip and an extended, IGFA-compliant fighting butt for picking up and casting large flies and heavy line.
- Fast action/easy load tip
- Proprietary TiCr Coating
- IM6 graphite blank with a matte chestnut colour finish
- 2nd Generation Blank Over Ferrule Technology
- Super lightweight machined and anodized channel-locking reel seat
- Composite compressed cork handle with a modified full-wells grip and an extended, IGFA compliant fighting butt
- Colour-coded alignment dots for easy assembly
- Lightweight tactical series stripping guides
Includes a rod sock and 4pc. TFO rod case.
TFO Esox Rod Series
|TFO Esox 9010-4pc
|TFO Esox 9012-4pc